What is Community Garden?
Welcome to the future of Virtual Reality. A living, breathing world that exists even when you aren't there. Meet with people from around the world and come together to make a thriving garden. Make your mark and help build the VR community of the future.
- Spatialize voice with lip syncing to make your converstations with other people feel real.
- Become a green thumb. Pull weeds, water your plants, protect from disease, harvest and plant more.
- Sell harvested crops for in-game currency. Use it to buy things for your avatar or the garden.
- Play games like checkers, chess and bocce ball.
- One world. No sharding or fragmenting. Possible with SpatialOS.
The smaller single space is only the beginning for Community Garden. This will serve as a launching point for a vast VR world that will grow over time. Building a persistent, shared world in virtual reality is very difficult. Some games/apps may promise big vast scaling worlds but Community Garden wants to start with the basics. Getting people engaging with each other in a believable world is key. Improbable's SpatialOS will empower Community Garden to grow in size and scope. Players will be able to have their own gardens to manage and customize. They will be able to trade resources and items with other players. Eventually the world will be more than just growing plants. This will be the seed for realizing the dream we all have in our heads.